Quick and Easy Apple Crumble Recipe
In an earlier post, I was telling you about our ultimate comfort dishes and how we cook them on a regular basis. I should mention that I have a huge sweet tooth so I must have dessert pretty much every day. Some time ago I have decided to try and eat more healthily, which means also cutting back on the sweets that I buy from the shop. But I couldn't give up sweets all together. So, naturally, I started baking. One of our comfort desserts is without a question this Apple Crumble recipe. It is easy to make so even a beginner like me cannot mess it up. It is also very quick, which means I can make it while my toddler has his afternoon nap and have time to spare.What I also like about it is that it is quite flexible. You can add more or less apples, depending on how fruity you want them, more or less sugar, depending on how sweet you like it. So, here it is! My quick and easy apple crumble recipe that will come out perfect every time.
Servings: 4 people
- Wooden spoon
- 4 big apples
- 100 grams all-purpose flour
- about 50 grams butter cold
- 4 tablespoons sugar brown or white
- 3 tablespoons oats optional
- Peel the apples with the peeler and dice them up.
- Place the diced apples in a pan with a little bit of water and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Let them cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes or till the apples are soft-ish. Don't let them get too soft because they'll also spend some time in the oven.
- While the apples are cooking, place the flour in the bowl. Dice the cold butter in small bits and place it over the flour.
- With the tips of your fingers start rubbing the butter and the flour together until it looks like wet sand. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of sugar (depending on how sweet you want it to be) and the oats (these are optional) and mix them with the crumble.
- Place the cooked apples in a tray (mine was a small square 45cmx45cm) and sprinkle the crumble on top. Make sure that the apples are covered but the crumble is not in a thick layer.
- Place the tray in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius and leave it for about 30 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown.
- When it is done serve it with vanilla ice-cream (heavenly). If you want to stay away from ice-cream (why would you?!) I have a healthier alternative. Creme Fraiche aka sour cream. A surprising combination that actually works.
*If you crave for scrumptious, mouth-watering, filling food be sure to check out our best comfort food dishes.*